We want to talk a bit about male grooming.
Yes, male grooming. The thing that’s forced upon you as a little boy, then when you are a teenager you could care less about it and then all of a sudden you’re growing into manhood and it’s necessary again. It’s necessary because you have to apply for jobs, meet people, maybe meet a girl you are interested in and just for hygienic reasons. You don’t have to go over board and go to a spa. We don’t! Here’s how we do it, and on a budget. (since we are starving artists right now lol)
What’s male grooming all about?
Well, using things like lotion, lip balm, shampoo and conditioner, sun block, after shave, facial wash, etc. These things aren’t just for the girls! We just take 5 mins to do all of this.
1) SHAVE - Can’t do it yourself? Then find a good barber or a friend who can do it for you. Learn how to do your own maintenance. Find a good after shave for moisture and because it smells good. (Reemon is our barber, he keeps us in check)
2) Smell Good - Wear a nice cologne. We like Calvin Klein - Euphoria, Obsession, Eternity, etc. OR get a body wash like Axe or Old Spice. Yes men use body wash!
3) Lotion - ok growing up in Barbados, where it’s really humid, as a little boy we never thought lotion was necessary, but it actually is and we all need to grow up some day. So use some.
4) Deodorant - this really should be standard like brushing your teeth and flossing, but just incase, this is a good thing to do ahaha! That was a 3 in one.
5) Mouthwash - Use it in between meals. Keep one at the studio or use it before a meeting.
6) Lip balm - Even in the humid Caribbean we need this. Some days can be dry.
7) Facial Wash - especially if you are prone to acne. There are many options out there for men.
8) Shampoo and Conditioner - once a week, especially if you’re in the tropics like us! We like the 2-in-1. Simple so!
9) Drink lots of water!
10) Exercise! Our trainer makes sure we’re always fit and eating well.
That’s male grooming from a bunch of 20 something men figuring it all out. Check out the pictures for the products.